Home can become a living hell when there is a constant foul smell around time. The major reason for the bad odor around the area is the jammed sewage outlets of the building. Blocked drains are one of the most common problems that people are facing in their everyday life. Blocked pipes may start as minor issues, but if you are not treating this issue at the time, it can quickly turn into a big problem. It can cause slow water draining, flooding, corrosion, etc.
Harmful Effects of blocked drains:
Several negative impacts on your house, as well as your health, can start to pop up the moment there is a prolonged problem of clogging
- Long-time blockages can cause structural damage to your house. Blocked pipes cause leakages, and this leakage of Water reaches the wall surface and floors and creates water stains. You will then have to spend on the remodeling of the drainage system as well as the entire house structure.
- Blocked drains also affect your health. It causes bacteria and viruses that lead to various types of diseases and allergies. The contaminated water also causes various types of skin inflammation and irritation. It makes the atmosphere there toxic. The drains also produce unpleasant smells that cause headaches and nausea to the people living in your home.
What are the signs of Blocked Drains?
The clogging problem is not something that goes unnoticed for a long period of time. You instantly start observing the following signs:
- Dirty smell: Dirty smell is the first sign that you may notice when drain blockages occur.
- Slow draining: When you shower and wash dishes in your sink, you might notice that Water draining is too slow.
- Overflowing Water: If you see your drain overflowing, that means you are experiencing blocked drains.
- Rumble sounds: Rumble sounds indicate that the Water is pooling against the pipe. If you are facing this, it is evident that there is a blockages problem.
What are the Causes of Blocked Drains?
There are several reasons behind the blocked drains some of which are given below:
- Hair: Hair is the main reason for drain blocking. Sometimes it can mix with grease and other substances to form difficult clogs. Pouring a mixture of baking Soda with vinegar will help dissolve this and free the drains.
- Food scraps: Scraps, cooking oil, and other useless substances don’t belong in your drainage system because it’s causes blockages. You better throw the leftover in the trash can to avoid this from happening.
- Soap: Soap is usually made up of fat, and this fat is combined with water minerals and leaves soap scum that stains bath fitting and blocked pipes. Boiled water can work like magic in this case.
- Dirt: Dirt also causes blocked drains. And there is no way you get rid of it easily; hence call the professional plumber to help you.
- Toilet paper: Too much use of toilet paper can also block your drains. Try to buy good quality toilet paper that is easy to dissolve and does not damage the sewage much.
- Small substances: Small objects like coins, marbles, useless paper, leaves are sometimes struck in your drainage system and cause drain blockages.
- Minerals build-up: Minerals dissolve into Water and easily block your drains.
Nevertheless, the above-mentioned points are just a small part suggesting how you can deal with the problem of blocked sewage. Blocked drains are a common problem in everyone’s life. So if you are facing drains problems in your home, don’t panic. Take advice from experts on preventing the home from the blocked drain and follow their advice correctly and try to solve them.