Brandy is one of the oldest and most classic spirits. It is consumed by most of the population worldwide for medicinal purposes or to enjoy some time with friends, colleagues, and family members. However, many people do not know which glass is appropriate for having brandy and end up using any glass. There are specific brandy glasses available in the market. You need to understand which glass is better a crystal brandy glasses or glass brandy glasses.
In this article, we will help you identify the differences between a crystal and glass to pick the one you feel is the best for you.
Before We Dive Into Knowing The Difference, First, Let’s Understand The Proper Technique To Drink Brandy.
- Brandy is a liquor made from fermented fruit juice like grape wine or any other type of fruit wine. Drinking it the right way will only enhance your experience and make you a fan of brandy. You can have brandy neat or in cocktails made from crystal brandy glasses.
- Drinking neat brandy is the classiest and the oldest way of consuming this liquor. This lets you enjoy the real taste of brandy along with its aroma that hits your nose as soon you bring the glass close to your mouth.
- Brandy should never be consumed with ice or chilled; it is always to be had at room temperature because its aroma and flavor can be sensed and enjoyed when only when it is at the appropriate temperature.
- Many like to consume their brandy warm. Hence, they choose to make the brandy warm over a candle, which is a good idea. Still, chances are that the brandy may start to become warmer releasing stronger aromas that can spoil the taste. Hence it is best to gold the brandy glass in your hand to make it warm.
Let’s Look At The Glass Used For Serving Brandy.
- A brandy glass is known as a snifter glass because its design allows the drinker to take in the aroma before taking a sip. The bottom part is like a bowl, tapering in as it moves towards the rim and it allows you to swirl the drink and not let it spill all over you.
- When you look at glass and crystal from a distance, you may not know the difference because they are made from the same materials with only a slight difference in the lead levels. There are multiple reasons why you should go for crystal brandy glasses over brandy glasses made from glass.
- Crystal brandy glasses are more transparent as compared to other brandy glasses. You can opt for stem or stemless crystal glass
- Crystal brandy glasses do not break easily because the crystal is harder than glass. Simple brandy glasses made from glass are thick to keep them from breaking.
- Crystal brandy glasses are light in weight and thin, making them look elegant and classy, giving your brandy a fantastic appearance, showcasing its actual color.
- Crystal is clearer than glass; the crystal brandy glasses shine and look glassier than glass and have a fantastic level of brightness, making you grab that glass and start sipping.
Over some time, many manufacturers have come up with unique and twisted designs in crystal brandy glasses, giving you a wide range of products. They are also available in different types of sets, which include glasses and a decanter. If you love to smoke a cigar with your brandy, you opt for a set with a cigar cutter and case to keep your cigars. You keep both crystal brandy glasses and the regular brandy glasses in your collection and use them as per the occasion.