Overdentures are nothing but replacement teeth. Besides, they will be secured by dental implants in your mouth. The implants gradually fuse with your jawbone and become a permanent part of your body. The denture can be attached to the implants or removed for cleaning. Cleaning them is important if you want to keep them free of bacteria.
Both conventional dentures and overdentures are popular, but most people prefer to choose overdentures as they are more comfortable. When it comes to conventional dentures, most wearers find them painful. Moreover, most people feel conscious when eating and speaking, out of fear that they can slip. However, this does not happen in the case of overdentures.
Everybody wants to enjoy their favourite food every day. With conventional dentures, you may not be able to enjoy some of your favourite food. You might find certain food items difficult to bite and chew. When you eat solid foods, you might feel a lot of pain. Some food might get stuck under your dentures. If this happens, your dentures do not last long. Then comes the overdentures into the picture.
With overdentures, you will not at all experience any pain when eating solid items. In fact, you can eat all your favourite food items without compromising.
Continue Reading To Know About The Other Benefits Of Overdentures.
- They do not require any special maintenance. You can brush them, just like the way you brush your natural teeth.
- Overdentures do not require adhesives. On the other hand, traditional dentures require adhesives.
- When you lose your natural teeth, your jawbone might become weak. Your jawbone weakens day by day until you find a permanent solution to the missing teeth. Implant overdentures are the solution to this problem.
- With implant overdentures you can improve your appearance, which means you will look more confident. It shows a positive impact on your mental and physical health.
- They improve your speech.
- They can make your face look fuller by supporting lips and cheeks.
- Implant overdentures last for a long time if you take care of them properly. But the conventional dentures do not last for a long time and they require replacement very often. By choosing the overdentures you do not have to look for a replacement every now and then.
- Overdentures can save you money in the long run because they easily last for a good number of years.
Who Are The Right Candidates For Implant Overdentures?
- Your overall health must be good if you are planning to consider overdentures. If you have any health problems, it is important to discuss them with your doctor.
- Anyone choosing overdentures should have good dental health. If you have periodontal disease, it must be treated first.
To do the implant overdenture, look for several clinics. If you think that all of them provide the best treatment to their patients, you are mistaken. In fact, some dental clinics may lack adequate facilities and equipment, implying that you cannot anticipate the greatest care from them. For the best treatment, choose a dental clinic that has the best dentists. The more the experience of the dentists, the better treatment you can expect from them.
Read the patient reviews of various dental clinics in your location if you are looking for the best treatment. Avoid choosing dental clinics which have no reviews or negative reviews.
Implant Overdentures Aftercare Tips
After getting the treatment done, avoid brushing your teeth for the next 24 hours. Post that, use a soft-bristled toothbrush for brushing your dentures and teeth. It is also better to brush your teeth after having food. Ensure that you choose a good toothpaste for brushing your dentures. Use can also use the toothpaste recommended by your doctor for cleaning your dentures. It will be helpful.
Denture tablets or pills contain a non-abrasive mix, unlike other toothpaste, which means they clean without any scratching, which means no more space for the development of bacteria. Denture tablets can be used to thoroughly clean your dentures by soaking them in solution for a whole night. This kills 99.9% of the germs that cause odours, and when used as advised, it helps to remove difficult stains and lessen plaque for a cleaner, fresher-smelling denture.