With time, exterior tiles or stones will undergo wear due to continued exposure to the weather conditions. This is especially true in coastal regions, where moisture is high. While some people prefer this wear, others prefer the clean appearance of the newly installed pavers. Fortunately, all the pavers can be restored easily with the help of block paving sealant.
Let’s consider the top benefits you can avail by paver restoration & sealing.
- Concrete pavers fade after long periods of use. Prolonged exposure to the sun, rain and other elements can really damage the appearance of the pavers. However, the appearance can be restored by block paving sealant. It helps to seal the block paving surface and increase the strength of paving.
- Restoration can give your pavers a fresh and appealing look. Some sealers will give the floor a glossy appearance, others will give the floor a ‘wet’ look, others will provide some colour enhancement. Sealants offer many functional advantages. Thus, they protect the pavement from the penetration of stains, which is very useful in the surroundings of garbage containers and fast food restaurants, among others. Also, they help keep the sand in the joints in the event that there are high-speed water flows.
- One of the great advantages of paving restoration is that its construction does not involve chemical or thermal processes. This means that the preparation of the paving stone and its subsequent laying can be carried out the same day or from one day to the next.
- The maintenance and repair of the paving is very simple and economical. A fault in the installation or in the block is easy to fix since, unlike asphalt, it is not necessary to destroy and remove it. As they are ordered blocks they can be removed and replaced by new ones easily and quickly.
- The paving process does not require big labour, it does not use petroleum derivatives and its laying is much faster than the asphalt that we commonly know. In addition, its placement does not require a lot of heavy machinery and it can be placed in sections, making it possible for several crews of workers to work at the same time.
Sealants typically need to be reapplied after a period of use. The period after which the sealant needs to be reapplied will depend on the use, weather and quality of the sealant. All these aspects make paver restoration a great choice.