Cleaning services- all have to be just the same right? This is a common misconception that most of people have when planning to hire a professional cleaner. Well, most of the companies classify their services into three broad categories (a) domestic or residential cleaning (b) commercial cleaning and (c) office cleaning.
As the name suggests, domestic cleaning is meant for residential properties, while commercial cleaning is for restaurants, schools, warehouses, shopping malls, entertainment centers and more that handle a large number of people on a day-to-day basis. Besides this basic difference, there are many aspects that make residential cleaning different from commercial one and these are explained only here, read ahead to find out more.
Know More About Domestic Cleaning Services
When you dream of having a squeaky clean, picture-perfect house that shines at every corner then choosing a professional company for cleaning services can be a good idea. They are probably your best helping hand, that allows you to keep your home at its best condition even when you are busy managing a busy schedule. Most of the companies offer a host of services for domestic cleaning such as:
- Vacuuming and mopping the floor to keep them free from stains, dust, and debris
- Cleaning all the shelves and surfaces, including the outside and inside of cupboards
- Checking various fittings of the house including extractors, lightings, and wiping dust that might have accumulated
- Cleaning windows for getting that smear-free glossy shine by wiping and using professional-grade cleaners.
Key Differences Between Commercial and Domestic Cleaning
There are certain aspects that showcase the difference between domestic cleaning and commercial cleaning and these are:
- Size of the Property: As mentioned earlier, domestic or residential cleaning is particularly designed for homes, where every element of a residence is taken into consideration. On the other hand, commercial cleaning focuses on large buildings, offices or even structures, that pose unique challenges and demand a different method of cleaning all together.
- Frequency of Cleaning: Cleaning companies provide recurring and one-time services, where you have the opportunity to choose from weekly, bi-weekly and monthly services too. Now, commercial premises often experience a large number of traffic every single day, which is why the frequency at which cleaning services are needed is more. While, for domestic cleaning, one can select the frequency based on how dirty the home gets, and even consider one-time service while moving-in or moving-out. Special occasion too requires the house to be clean and such appointments can be arranged with the company providing the domestic cleaning services.
- Type of Tools and Cleaners: The kind of cleaners and tools that are needed for domestic and commercial cleaning is not the same. Think about it, getting rid of stubborn stains on a restaurant and stains on the floor of your kitchen- the one present in the restaurant will require a high-graded cleaner to effectively remove the stain, but in case of your kitchen a professional-grade would be enough to restore its beauty in no time.
- Average Time Required For Cleaning: The size of the property often determines the time needed for cleaning the space. So, large commercial offices, hospitals, and schools will require more time, compared to a house with about three bedrooms, three bathrooms, a kitchen, a yard, and a living space.
Choosing A Professional Company For Domestic Cleaning
When you want to have a specialist for cleaning your home, count on a professional company that features a broad spectrum of services and specifies the type of service covered under domestic cleaning. The idea is to find a company that has extensive experience in residential cleaning and can come up with the type of services that you are looking for and that too within your budget.